“I chose gastroenterology because of the fascinating science and the chance to prevent cancer. I was attracted to a varied practice with time spent in the office, in the endoscopy center and in the hospital, plus the long- and short-term relationships with patients.
“I really enjoy working one-on-one with patients to solve problems, preventing cancer with screening colonoscopy and seeing results, both procedurally and in the clinic. I am understanding, straightforward, detailed and thorough. I like to empower my patients to manage their own conditions by helping them understand their physiology, what can go wrong when they have certain diseases and their treatment options.
“I am extremely thorough, and I provide evidence-based medicine to help patients achieve the best results and a better quality of life.”
In his free time, Dr. Maxwell enjoys mountain-biking, skiing, snowboarding and being a dad.
- Medical Education: University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Residency and Chief Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Utah
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, University of Utah Hospital
- Board-Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Colon Cancer Prevention, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, GERD, Obera™ Gastric Balloon for Weight loss, AspireAssist®
- Hospital Affiliations: Wasatch Endoscopy Center, LDS Hospital, Lone Peak Hospital, St. Mark’s Hospital, Lone Peak Surgery Center