“I love the disease process in GI. Many GI illnesses are amenable to therapy. It is a technologically heavy specialty that is rapidly changing. The disease spectrum allows us to care for a wide range of ages and different patients from different backgrounds. We care for healthy screening patients and very ill liver patients. I enjoy the variety.
“I try hard to listen to patients and find out their concerns and needs. I try to educate patients so that they understand all of their treatment options. I hope to give my patients knowledge and peace of mind and provide care with a sense of humor.”
In his personal time, Dr. Harmston enjoys skiing, golf and family time.
- Medical Education: University of Utah School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University of Utah
- Board-Certified: Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology
- Special Interests: Liver Transplantation, Chronic Liver Disease, Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Academic Appointments: Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Hospital Affiliations: Intermountain Medical Center, Mountain West Endoscopy Center, Lakeview Hospital