“My interest in gastrointestinal disease and function began in medical school. Throughout my training, I was involved in many GI-related research studies. Through these experiences and training, I committed to and have now practiced GI medicine for 20+ years.
“I enjoy the variety and challenges of disease found in this specialty. GI medicine treatments and evaluations have seen many changes over the years, and I offer the most current and up-to-date treatments available. The technology and procedures available are a significant part of our practice and are used to diagnose and manage our patients. The procedures are most useful when performed for appropriate indications by a trained and skilled GI physician. My partners and I are skilled in these procedures.
“I enjoy my relationships with my patients. My philosophy is to listen to the patient and work together to provide the best treatment available with a goal to provide the best quality of life possible and to provide the highest-quality GI medical care.”
In his free time, Dr. Bown enjoys family, outdoors, hiking, biking and community and church service.
- Medical Education: University of Utah School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Iowa
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University of California, San Diego
- Board-Certified: Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Colon Cancer Prevention
- Hospital Affiliations: St. George Endoscopy Center, Dixie Regional Medical Center, Valley View Medical Center