“I wanted a field that offered patient interaction and long-term relationships. I wanted to be in a field that treated a wide range of disease, including cancer. I love searching out the problem and helping patients feel better with advice or medicine or a procedure. I enjoy giving patients my best, honest opinion and helping them find their way through the process of their illness.
“I am honest and sincere with patients. They are coming in and seeing me when they are concerned or worried or stressed or anxious. I give them a sense of confidence that we are doing the right thing for them and that we, as a team, will get them feeling better. I take time to help them understand what’s happening and what they can do to help themselves. I’ve learned that it pays to listen to what each patient is really saying. It makes accurate diagnosis much easier. Good services are imperative, but accurate diagnoses and skillful, safe procedures are what patients count on.”
Dr. Wills spends most of his free time with his family and four children. He enjoys outdoor activities like mountain-biking, snow- and water-skiing and traveling with his family. He likes playing basketball when his body allows and attending college football and basketball games as well as the Utah Jazz and the Real Salt Lake soccer games.
- Medical Education: University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, University of Utah Hospital
- Board-Certified: Gastroenterology
- Member: American Medical Association, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American Gastroenterological Association
- Special Interests: All Gastroenterology, Endoscopic Ultrasound, Therapeutic Endoscopy, ERCP
- Hospital Affiliations: Wasatch Endoscopy Center, Alta View Hospital, Lone Peak Hospital, St. Mark’s Hospital