“I was attracted to the intellectual challenges of GI disease such as inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease and liver disease. I love having the opportunity to perform endoscopic procedures and work collaboratively with other specialists to give patients the best possible care and results.
“I love the preventive care opportunities in colon cancer screening – stopping cancer before it starts. So many GI diseases can be treated and cured, and I like using therapies that help people feel better and live better. I always try to respectfully, actively and collaboratively engage my patients in their own care.
“I am warm and caring, inquisitive and curious – and highly motivated to deliver the best care. Because I empathize with my patients, I work as hard as I can to improve their health and their quality of life.”
In his free time, Dr. Pedersen enjoys mountain biking, skiing, water-skiing and participating in public educational programs for the Crohn’s and Colitis Association of America.
- Medical Education: University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Washington
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, University of Utah Hospital
- Board-Certified: Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis), Celiac Disease, Chronic Diarrhea, Constipation, Hemorrhoids, Acid Reflux Disease, Clostridium Difficult Infections, Stool Transplantation, Obera™ Gastric Balloon for Weight loss, AspireAssist®
- Hospital Affiliations: Wasatch Endoscopy Center, Lone Peak Hospital, Alta View Hospital, St. Mark’s Hospital, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, Lone Peak Surgery Center