“Gastroenterology and hepatology offer a unique balance of intellectual stimulation, diverse problem-solving opportunities and the resource of advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures to treat common health problems. I enjoy the opportunity to educate and help patients make informed decisions regarding their health.
“I believe I am a patient educator and advocate, so I present patients with up-to-date medical information and treatment options. Whenever possible, I will offer patients treatment options that incorporate lifestyle modifications, state-of-the-art endoscopic procedure options as well as prescription and nonprescription therapies.
“I am a lifelong learner. I am constantly evaluating new science and treatment options that will benefit my patients. During my training, I participated in advanced research at the University of Utah in colon cancer detection, treatment and high-risk syndromes. I have maintained a love for learning and new science.”
In his free time, Dr. Doxey enjoys fishing, biking, writing and photography. He has interests in travel medicine and is look forward to returning to Africa and other medical work abroad. When he is not at work, he spends time with his young children, including new twins.
- Medical Education: University of Utah School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University of Utah Medical Center
- Board-Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Colon Cancer Prevention and High-Risk Cancer Syndromes, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Diagnosis and Treatment of Liver Diseases, Hepatobiliary Disease, Therapeutic Endoscopy, Nutrition
- Hospital Affiliations: Riverton Hospital, Lakeview Endoscopy Center, Intermountain Medical Center, Lakeview Hospital, Lone Peak Hospital, Lone Peak Surgery Center