“Growing up in an Italian family, all philosophy, psychology, politics, sociology, health, love and fitness conversations occurred in the kitchen and centered around what we were cooking and how we were cooking it. Once I decided to practice medicine, it was very natural for me to focus on the GI tract and the critical role diet plays in preventing and combating infections and diseases of all organ systems.
“I enjoy working closely with patients and listening to their specific and unique stories. I feel one of my greatest qualities is my patience and ability to listen. Every patient is unique and no matter how many times you have heard a complaint or treated a disease, the disease manifestations, the choice of treatments and the patient’s response to the disease and treatment are unique to every patient.
“My goal is to give my patients excellent quality of life, my medical knowledge and expertise from years of study, the pinnacle of up-to-date modern and current diagnosis and treatment options and a patient, attentive ear.”
In his free time, Dr. Canale enjoys road-biking, upland bird hunting, saltwater fly-fishing and teaching.
- Medical Education: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Internship and Residency: University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics
- Board-Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Colon Cancer Prevention, High-Risk Cancer Syndromes, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Diagnosis and Treatment of Liver Diseases, Hepatobiliary Disease, Therapeutic Endoscopy, Nutrition
- Hospital Affiliations: Intermountain Medical Center, Lakeview Endoscopy Center, Lakeview Hospital