“Gastroenterology suits my personality as a mixture of performing procedures and treating patients in the clinic. Gastroenterology is a constantly evolving field that requires a delicate balance between experience and being up-to-date on the latest medical literature.
“My interactions with patients are laid back and patient. It’s important to me to take time to communicate with patients. It helps me diagnose their condition while making a meaningful connection with the patient. My philosophy of care is persistence. I have been seeing many of my patients with chronic conditions for many years, so it is a marathon, not a sprint. Patient care doesn’t end after the patient walks out. I frequently think about a condition or treatment for patients I saw in the clinic earlier that day. I hope to give my time, my patience and my efforts to improve their quality of life.”
Dr. Moore enjoys spending most of his spare time with his wife and two kids. They enjoy skiing, fly-fishing in Island Park, playing soccer and lacrosse with his children.
- Medical Education: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- Residency: University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Board-Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Colon Cancer Prevention and High-Risk Cancer Syndromes, Therapeutic Endoscopy, Liver Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Hospital Affiliations: Intermountain Medical Center, Lakeview Endoscopy Center, Lakeview Hospital