“I want patients to feel reassured that they have been heard and thoroughly understood, and that they will be in good hands. I am dedicated to finding a solution to the patient’s problems, and committed to being available, flexible and accommodating to each patient’s needs in a timely fashion.
“Gastroenterology is an area that allows me to make an immediate, positive impact on the patients’ health and well-being and play an important role in preventive health care. Being a gastroenterologist in the community means that I see a wide range of clinical challenges in a diverse patient population. Thanks to our ever-evolving diagnostic and therapeutic technological advances, this particular field will always make for a professionally rewarding career choice.
“In my opinion, quality patient interaction equals quality of care. I believe that careful history taking and listening are still the most important tools in the diagnostic armamentarium. Patients appreciate my listening skills and thoroughness.”
In his free time, Dr. Woerlein enjoys outdoor activities, especially biking and hiking. He is also an avid reader of history.
- Medical Education: Freie Universität Berlin, School of Medicine; Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, School of Medicine
- Residency: Gastroenterology, University of Utah Medical Center and LDS Hospital
- Board-Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Hospital Affiliations: St. George Endoscopy Center, Cedar City Hospital, Dixie Regional Medical Center