“Gastroenterology allows for a unique combination of primary patient care for complicated and diverse medical problems along with the ability to perform technical diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, both of which are appealing to me as a healthcare provider. I think our field allows us to care for a very diverse patient population and wide array of pathology, perhaps more so than other fields in internal medicine. In addition, we have a unique ability to perform a variety of technical diagnostic and potentially emergent therapeutic procedures.
“I think in this day and age, patients come to see physicians with a specific agenda and have very specific needs they would like met. I try to give every patient I see as much time as they feel comfortable with tending to their needs. I get great satisfaction when a patient leaves my office and feels that I listened to them and really helped them address their specific needs.
“I hope they leave my office feeling like they accomplished whatever goals they had before coming in – whether that means listening to their complaints or addressing specific medical needs. I want patients to feel like we are a team and we address their needs together. I spend time listening to patients, addressing their needs and giving them the time to ensure their needs are met.”
In his free time, Dr. Frech enjoys enjoy cooking, skiing, hiking and spending time with my family. His true passion is anything and everything to do with soccer, particularly European soccer, namely AC Milan and FC Barcelona, which he follows religiously.
- Medical Education: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Residency: University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics
- Board-Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Colon Cancer Prevention, Therapeutic Endoscopy, Diagnosis and Treatment of Hepatobiliary Diseases, Liver Transplantation
- Hospital Affiliations: Intermountain Medical Center, Mountain West Endoscopy Center, Lakeview Hospital