“Gastroenterology is a fascinating specialty encompassing a variety of illnesses and the ability to treat most illnesses effectively. Normal GI function is so important to maintaining a good quality of life, and helping our patients achieve that balance is very satisfying. While I enjoy doing endoscopic procedures for our patients, I really value following up with them afterward to explain the diagnosis and further treatment of their illness so they can participate in their own care and fully recover. One of my strengths is diagnosing and treating esophageal disorders, inflammatory bowel disease and hepatology. I have been a member of the IHC liver transplant program for over 20 years and have found great satisfaction in seeing patients regain normal function to resume their lives.
“I enjoy getting to know patients so I can help them get back to their usual activities. It is important to diagnose disease while avoiding excessive tests and expense. I am thorough, cautious and honest with my patients to give them good care. The goal is to work out a plan together that will allow the patient to participate in his care and for me to be their advocate for a fast recovery. I have always felt it is important to be honest with patients while maintaining their hope. Illness can make all of us feel vulnerable, so my job is to make the patient whole again and get them back to their normal activities.”
In his free time, Dr. Boschert enjoys travel, mountain biking, skiing, camping, scuba diving, fishing and family activities.
- Medical Education: Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
- Residency: Rochester General Hospital and University of Rochester
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, University of Utah
- Board-Certified: Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Special Interests: Esophageal Motility Testing, Liver Transplantation, Colon Cancer Prevention, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Academic Appointment: Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Hospital Affiliations: Intermountain Medical Center, Mountain West Endoscopy Center, Lakeview Hospital