“I enjoy the balance of clinical decision-making and procedural skills required to take care of complex GI patients. I enjoy using my years of training to solve complex problems and come up with a diagnosis or treatment plan that will immediately impact a patient and improve their quality of life.
“I listen to my patients and I am honest with them. I try to be the patient’s advocate in obtaining the best care possible for their condition. I will do my best to find the most appropriate and up-to-date treatment for their condition. I am also tenacious. I will exhaust all possibilities in trying to improve my patient’s quality of life.”
In his free time, Dr. Jones enjoys skiing, mountain biking, fly-fishing, making furniture, organic gardening, photography, oil painting and raising two rambunctious young boys.
- Medical Education: Wake Forest University School of Medicine, North Carolina
- Internship and Residency: University of Utah Medical Center
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University of Utah Medical Center
- Board-Certified: Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology
- Special Interests: Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Colon Cancer Prevention, Liver Transplantation and Hepatology, GERD, Celiac Disease
- Hospital Affiliations: Intermountain Medical Center, Mountain West Endoscopy Center, Lakeview Hospital